I don't know what floats the rest of your collective boats when you get a day (and the house) all to yourself, but as for me there is absolutely nothing equal to being able to wear whatever the hell I want. Sure, I can lay flat on my back and eat nacho cheese straight from the can, or play video games until I've worn down the batteries in the Wii controllers, but as a cross-dresser I only want to wear myself out by wearing whatever goes with a hot pair of heels.
Typical, and that's no joke. If I had the place to myself for a month, I'd likely spend the entire time en femme. True, I'd go berserk with depression and loneliness, but that's neither here nor there. The point is opportunity. And that's what I've seized today.
So far, my day can be described up as follows:
- Leaned up from my comfy spot in bed to kiss Erica goodbye. Off she went to work, and up I jumped to shower, shave, moisturize, and manicure.
- Threw on some frillies and a white Frederick's dressing robe, then stuck my head into the internet for an hour to see what was new.
- Stared at my lovely wardrobe, trying to decide what to start with. Decided that it'd been ages since I tried most of these outfits on, and so initiated the process of modeling everything I own in front of the a mirror. (I couldn't help it...!)
- Discovered a) some dresses I used to hate have now grown on me, b) some dresses just don't flatter my plain frame, and I have no idea why I've hung onto them for so long, c) I really, really need some sun on my arms and shoulders, b/c my face and neck look like they go on someone else's body, and d) it's almost 11:00! Why am I wasting time playing fashion show when there's so little time??
- Settled on a tight mauve crochet top (to go with the 5" heels) white tights, and a black suede mini. Did my hair up nice in a black bow scrunchie and adorned myself w/ a li'l bling. Marched myself into the kitchen to paint my nails and have a bowl of cereal. (Hey, 11:00 a.m. is technically morning... breakfast still applies!)
- Sat down to write new blog for adoring fans.
Exciting, n'cest pas? Well, mostly. If I can push away all the more interesting possibilities: friends, a real manicure in a nail salon, a light lunch at a sidewalk cafe under an umbrella, movies, girl talk, shoe shopping...
|"Please, ladies, no gang signs... just kidding, throw 'em up there."|
Or how about the scenario where I spend all that closet time picking out clothes for the weekend, tying my hair back, making myself up, packing a snack bag, then jumping into the car for a lazy weekend with friends who call me Holli because it's who I am? Maybe getting some actual sun by somebody's pool, earning myself a cute little bikini line, giving in to peer pressure and getting my ears pierced. Or letting them pick out a tattoo.
|"You all said 'pirate skull' right? How does it look? Badass?"|
Great. Now I'm jealous of alternate universe Me.